i am not interested
Today has been good. I got sushi of dinner and it cost my mum a bomb.
But then tonight has not been good.
I am so not a good daughter.
My mum has this nasty habit of just rambling on when no one really listens anymore. It's annoying. And she repeats things over and over and over to the house pets and it really grates on my nerves. AND she says things so loudly and laughs and repeats it and then rambles which is like *eye roll*.
So I was reading some blog about what New York has to offer and she starts talking about the popurri on the dining table and how she joked to my aunt how she made it herself. And seriously, I was there when she made the joke and I've heard this 2-3 times before. I mean, you KNOW I know the story. But she recounts it for some reason. And really, I am not interested. So I half smile and look back once or twice or so. And I even told her, "Kenapa Ibu kecoh nah?" (Why are you so upbeat/noisy/excited?" And she's like "Coz I tricked her! And maybe I should've told her its edible and see if she tries to eat it!" And in my head I'm like "Back to New York..."
So then she switches the telly to Channel 5 to watch the second part of The Two Towers. Earlier, there was the first half of the show coz I saw it on Teletext. And me being me thought it was at 10pm and its actually at 11. (I've no idea why I thought 2300 is 10pm. I'm just born that way.) So my mum saw instead Priviledge and started to go all "ADIK! Where got that show?" And I looked at the wall clock and it was 10pm and it then dawned on me that it was at 11pm instead and I said "Oh. It's at 11 then." And I wasn't joking like I do sometimes and she thought I was and went all "Anyhow only you ah..."
And.
I.
Blew.
Up.
"MISTAKE LA! CANNOT ISSIT!? WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?!"
Because, seriously, you bug me when I am busy with my own stuff, you think I'm joking when I'm not... Gee whiz!
And earlier when my brother went to the loo, she complained it was stinking up the kitchen and then wafted to the living room. I mean, SERIOUSLY woman? It's not air freshener you know. And he wasn't in there for very long! No scent travels that far... She just cannot be contented with just like an "OMG. SO SMELLY!!" She's gotta make crazy statements that irritates people so.
Sometimes she really just pushes the wrong buttons and I just wanna scream to her to shut up! How does Feezah and Huda have such a good relationship with her mum? I really don't understand how one can be so patient!
So right now I feel like crap. Thank you. AARGH.