thar she blows!
theselby.com
Okay, this is totally a boring post of me writing about my fanatical, non-existant life of a single independent woman in a city that never sleeps. Totally made up and bogus, so just skip it unless you've got a crush on me. If that's the case keep reading and tell me who you are so we can fall in lurve hahahaaaa.
I've fallen in love with the idea of having white walls and hanging up random bits and pieces to make my space a lil bit eclectic. I throughly regret agreeing with dark, almost black, furniture in place of the loud ones I used to have (ugh). I am fully toying with the idea with lightwood furnitures, clean workspaces and chalkboards.
My intentions, monetarily woeful as I am, are to devote my walls as a kind of canvas for pictures and postcards and framed art. And I can
never let go of the whole notion of having a potted plant somewhere. Which, of course, I will eventually neglect because I'm just like that. Victorian wallpaper has always been something I wanna explore and small spaces and clean-lined bathrooms with a choice plant-of-the-month.
Warm colours like a deep reds and earthy browns are colours I've specifically chosen as living room and dining room colours. I've no idea why but I've always like the idea of it. Well, not the brown but the red. And also a small space. About 700-900 square-feet sounds about right. Not particularly liveable for my "ideal family" of four.
Rich, rich leather reminiscent of psychiatrist's chair and a rug from, I dunno, Morocco or something if they even sell rugs there. I don't think I'll entertain the thought of a chandelier because, what the hell, I'd rather stuff myself with McDonalds' till I poop rainbows than buy an overpriced light fixture.
The genious, the absolute GENIOUS, of a certain
George Gorrow is that he has these
things that just hangs around. These glass jars filled with godknowswhat (most likely suspect: PAPER! Omggg ingenious) and I think its just terrific and I plan to recreate it eventhough I know they'll get thrown out like the rest of my nonsense.
But what really gets me down is the fact that I've absolutely no designing qualities in my blood. Tres tres merde and uncool. Instead of an eclectic wall of seemingly random thrown together picture, I'll get something that's just organised to me. And this whole tossing of different things together? The whole India-meets-London thing? I'm too cautious. I tend to overthink things. Which is so sad. Gah. Oh wells.
The mission of this blog post? I just wanted to spew and speak some dreamy decorating stuff. Like see-through fabrics and strong prints. Exposed walls and canvas walls. White walls that aren't white because you adorn it and accessorize it. Wood flooring, shiny and dark. Tiles on the walls, a jewellery cupthing and pure white sheets on a cloud-like bed. Hot cocoa with marshmellows and talking in the dark.
Above all, I don't want to be alone in that space. I want to wait up for someone and greet them with a smile and a hug and a talk in bed till we both collapse from the exhaustion of the day.