parrots
I adore my two little birdies. Absolutely love them to bits and pieces. But I realised that my brother and I have been taking them for granted and kind of leaving their cages in a mess because we're just too lazy to clean up the poop.
I would feel totally guilty if they died of suffocation. I mean sometimes in the morning, I'm too lazy to get up and take off the cloth covering their cage. But at night, to leave them without the cloth, with it being cold, with insects and other stuff crawling about, I just cannot bear leaving the cage open.
I fear the day that I would see them plucking their feathers, getting sick, suffering and/or dying. I'm not ready for it. They poop, they're noisy, they're a nuisance at times but they're like my siblings with wings. They're much too cute. Espescially when they stretch their wings. Best part of my day. God, I love them.
My biggest fear: Waking up to find them gone.